- One of the reasons sea-moss has been called a superfood recently is because it’s a vegan, gluten-free source of many minerals and nutrients. Here are some of them:
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B12
Top 10 Sea-Moss Benefits
There are some health benefits to adding seamoss to your diet. Here are the top 10 benefits of seamoss:
Supporting Digestive Function
- Seaweeds are a good source of live bacteria and fibre, which are known to support gut health.
- Supporting thyroid function
- Seamoss contains iodine, which is good for your thyroid and potentially providing support for weight loss. However, if you are already taking medication to support your lack of iodine that its probably worth researching this further.
- Seamoss contains iron, which is a great way to support your energy levels. A lack of iron can make you feel tired and lethargic.
- Seamoss contains magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and omega-3 fatty acids that hydrate and support healthy skin cell function.
Improved Immune Function
- While there is no specific human study, one study into salmon suggested that seamoss can help build the body’s immune response.
- Sea-moss has about two times more potassium than an average-sized banana. Potassium is a very important mineral that helps to support mental and emotional health.
- Some studies suggest that sea-moss can lower cholesterol and help thin the blood. However, this is not proven and requires more human research.
Blood Sugar Management
- One study into seaweed found the compound fucoxanthin, which is thought to normalize high blood sugar levels.
- Caribbean natives have been using sea moss as a natural aphrodisiac for many years. Its high zinc content is thought to increase sex hormones that play a key role in libido levels.
Supports Overall Health and Wellness
- Sea-moss is a powerful superfood that is full of minerals and nutrients that can help your body run healthy.